Sunday, 13 January 2013

The Waltz of the Lost Dreams and Hacia Dos Veranos


I believe, yes I do believe this to be the most beautiful, captivating and moving piece of music ever written. It has no words on it, or vocals. I get teary whenever it comes on, most likely on internet tv. I don’t think much of any type of Grecian music but this is moving.

By no means are there any comparisons here, between Greek composer Manos Hadjidakis and the artist I want to present today but with this in mind, I thought I should broaden my horizons a bit by giving a listen to Hacia Dos Veranos, despite the fact that it’s instrumental, and this type of music is not really my thing if I’m honest. I’m glad I did because, it turned out to be mesmerizing. Okay, the exotic name helped too! There’s some exquisite guitar playing there, affecting enough to not even miss or anticipate the vocal to come along. And the accompanying strings on the other streamable track, aw, it is just plain wonderful.



Their music comes recommended from Alasdair McLean so that’s one more reason for you to get hip to them. Reading on I find out “Alasdair Maclean of The Clientele and Amor de Dias played and sung on Hacia Dos Veranos's second, eponymous album in 2010.” Where have I been??!! Panic back-catalogue-ing imminent.


No comments: